question

Jeff avatar image
Jeff asked

How to access entity (player) object data from Login result (profile)

in this forum post, the implication is that "Objects are size-limited and are all retrieved with a profile".
How can I access those objects tied to a player as part of the login results? (I dont want to make a separate call)

I've hand-added some object data in the developer portal (Players > playerid > Objects) for a specific player.

In Unity, I am doing a LoginWithAndroidDeviceIDRequest with GetPlayerProfile=true for GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams. Should I expect to be able to find that object data in the resulting LoginResult? I dont see anything obvious in result.InfoResultPayload.PlayerProfile>

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

No, they are not the same profile. In login request, the profile is player profile which can include DisplayName, ContactEmailAddresses and so on. But in entities, profile is the one that hold top-level properties about the entity. All PlayFab entities have profiles and you can manage entity profiles with PlayFab Profiles API.

So back to your original question, you will have to make a separate call to access entity objects data.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Also, to add a bit more context. The profile returned by the login calls available today is what we consider the "Classic" profile. We're in the middle of replacing that with the entity profile. We haven't yet provided entity login APIs. When we do, they will return the entity profile. Over time the need for the classic profile we reduce as more functionality is added around the entity profile.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.