question

diggory-segment avatar image
diggory-segment asked

PlayStream Events -> 'Segment' Add-On?

hi Playfab devs & community! I have a question -- I have been testing the Segment Add-On with logged PlayStream events, and AFAICT it seems to be sending default events properly but _not_ Custom Events. is this working as intended? it's ok if there are limitations, I can work around them, but want to make sure I'm aware of what should/shouldn't be federating on to Segment. thank so much!

PlayStream
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

What API are you using to log these custom events? There may be an oversight in some of the newer code paths.

0 Likes 0 ·
diggory-segment avatar image diggory-segment Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Sure thing, thanks @Andy! I was using WriteEvents ( https://api.playfab.com/documentation/Events/method/WriteEvents#request-properties ). Would love it if it support could be added, but in the meantime, is there a different approach that would work in the short-term? I'm not super familiar with the different ways to send custom events, but ultimately as long as they can get to Segment I'm happy!

FWIW: In practice, will likely be sending these from the Unity lib.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It looks like the newer entity events are not going to Segment. You'd need to log legacy events using the WritePlayerEvent API (https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/WritePlayerEvent). I'll raise a work item with the team to see how we want to handle Segment integraiton with some of the newer architecture.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.