question

marc-4 avatar image
marc-4 asked

User can login with email, but not with username.,User is able to login with email , but not with user name.

One of our users is having trouble logging in with his username. If we post to the LoginWithEmailAddress endpoint with his email address and password, the login succeeds, and we are able to retrieve his account info from the GetAccountInfo endpoint. The account info shows his username correctly, but when we post to the LoginWithPlayfab endpoint using the username in his account info, we get this error:

{ "code": 401, "status": "Unauthorized", "error": "AccountNotFound", "errorCode": 1001, "errorMessage": "User not found" }

This doesn't happen for other users. I've looked through the account, comparing it to other users that don't have this problem, and I can't see anything different. Does anyone have a suggestion?

/marc

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What's the Title ID and the PlayFab ID of the user?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marc-4 avatar image marc-4 commented ·

Title ID: 7BA1

PlayfabID: 33561538065D20D5

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan marc-4 commented ·

I've updated the user account to fix the issue. I did have to change the user's password to test that it's fixed, so you'll need to change it back or otherwise perform a password reset.

0 Likes 0 ·
marc-4 avatar image marc-4 commented ·

Hi Brendan, Thanks for fixing this. We do have other reports of users that are having this problem. Is this a thing that we can fix ourselves? Can you elaborate on how an account could get into this state? Are there things we can do on our side to mitigate or avoid it?

In this particular case, the user is one of our employees and was able to change his password and share it with me for testing to try to debug the issue. We wouldn't be able to do this with external users.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan marc-4 commented ·

Unfortunately, you can't. Specifically, what occurred (during a brief window) was that the player deletion feature was too aggressive, and it was wiping out the Username record for any player with a Username matching the player being actually deleted. Those players still looked like they had the Username, because their title user data record still referred to it. It's just that the title user data record isn't what's used for authentication.

I have a work item open for the team to write a script to walk through the tables and do a fix-up for the easy cases (complicated, but it can be done). Until they do that, if you run into another case of this, just post the Title ID and PlayFab ID of the user to us, and we'll take care of it. Oh, but also please specify what you want done with anyone who has "taken" the username in the meantime. So, if "John" no longer has his Username, but someone else took "John" as their Username while he didn't really still have it, should we change the new "John" to "John1", or something else?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.