question

ikivilyov avatar image
ikivilyov asked

LoginWithEmailAddress response 401 from documentation page

I set up a registration / sign in flow in my game using RegisterPlayFabUser and LoginWithEmailAddress, it works perfect. Now I am trying to add other features and wanted to test my new flow with pure API calls, without SDK. I went to a documentation page LoginWithEmailAddress to send "login request" from "Sample request" section and submitted my recently registered credentials. For some reason this didn't work and I received 401 Unauthorized with errorCode 1142 InvalidEmailOrPassword.

{
 "code": 401,
 "status": "Unauthorized",
 "error": "InvalidEmailOrPassword",
 "errorCode": 1142,
 "errorMessage": "Invalid email address or password",
 "CallBackTimeMS": 1017
}

I am still able register new players and sign in from within my game build, but cannot get successful response from documentation page or from alnternative REST client.

What am I doing wrong? Title ID is F8A4.

apisAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

The API call from the doc site appears to be working properly. The error indicates you've copied or typed in the wrong password. Is it possible your game is adding extra characters or otherwise modifying the password used in the RegisterPlayFabUser call? To be sure, you can try changing the password directly in Game Manager on the player's overview page.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ikivilyov avatar image ikivilyov commented ·

Yeah, my bad, sorry (

Found out that register and sign in action submitted "*" signs instead of actual characters.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.