question

FENG LI avatar image
FENG LI asked

Is it possible to extend playfab by self?

For example, integrated a third payment method other than playfab already supported, for example payssion. Or integrate wechat login, etc, I mean if I hire side engineers and invest time to do the development. Can we write our own add-on, or webhook to support special features?

Partner Add-onswebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, you could use Cloud Script or Azure Functions (the latter will soon be directly integrated) to extend the functionality of PlayFab, though you would need to inject your own custom events for actions that don't produce all the events you need for your analytics. In the case of payment systems specifically, we are planning on adding an API in a future sprint that will allow you to "inject" an event for a purchase into your title's PlayStream that will be added into the tracked revenue reporting for the title.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FENG LI avatar image FENG LI commented ·

So, you mean it is possible to host a web(for making a hook to called by payment server) on Azure and communicate with Playfab Cloud Script?

How can the web program hosted on Azure to call the cloud script?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan FENG LI commented ·

No, I mean you could write Azure Function code that uses the Server API to make calls to PlayFab, the way that Cloud Script does by using one of our SDKs. There wouldn't be any point in calling Cloud Script from Azure Functions, as it is specifically meant to replace Cloud Script in that flow.

So you could use your Azure Function to communicate with the other payment service, and then use the Server/Grant... API calls to add the items to the player inventory once you've confirmed the payment is complete.

Again, we'll be adding Azure Functions directly in PlayFab in the near future. If you're not in urgent need of this, you may want to just wait for that to go live next quarter.

0 Likes 0 ·
FENG LI avatar image FENG LI commented ·

Seems great, i will do some research on Azure Function first, next quarter so maybe April or May?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan FENG LI commented ·

We're pushing to get it to General Availability as soon as we can. Keep an eye on our blog page - we'll be updating there with more info as soon as it's available.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.