question

4benj avatar image
4benj asked

Integrate custom authentication system

Hi,

On my website, I have an authentication system and I have made login work with PlayFab by using the UUID as a CustomID but I also have a custom friends system and I want to sync that up with PlayFab is there any way to do that? I thinking by searching by the CustomID but what I've seen you can't search by the CustomID, does anyone have any ideas?

Authentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4benj avatar image 4benj commented ·

Can i please have some help

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You cannot search a player via Custom ID (we use PlayFab ID to locate the player in almost all APIs). In fact, we do not recommend using Custom ID to login because this login method doesn’t need a password hence it is comparatively not safe.

In terms of the friend system, first, you have to make sure the players in your system have the corresponding player accounts on PlayFab and that PlayFab Player account has a friend list. You can sync that list into your system and do a mapping with your UUID.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.