question

FENG LI avatar image
FENG LI asked

Is there any one has experience of integrating xsolla for in-game product purchase?

We have a game developed with Unity3D, we have a lot of android players can not use google play, so we are planning to provide directly apk download.

I want to integrate xsolla so that the players can buy product in the game. After read the documents both on xsolla and playfab, i still very confused, for example there's no android SDK of xsolla, and for the guide of this link: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-commerce/non-receipt-payment-processing

I can not see any ItemId related property for xsolla, so how did we know which product the player bought?

Is it doable or not to make IAP with playfab+xsolla+Unity?

Any tips will be very helpful!

Thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

In my understanding, Xsolla does not work the same way the other non-receipt payment providers do.

At the beginning, you have to first get a payment token from PlayFab for talking to Xsolla, Xsolla and PlayFab will exchange webhook calls.

Then the next steps will be done in the Xsolla interface. If you follow the tutorial to set up your list of virtual items in the Xsolla catalog and make sure that the item_code for each item in Xsolla matches an Item ID in your PlayFab catalog, then the player can select items and purchase in Xsolla interface,(By accessing the URL shown in the guide).

When the player completes the payment, Xsolla will automatically provide the PlayFab with transaction-related information contains item_code you set in Xsolla by using webhooks. Then, PlayFab will fulfill the purchase by finding the matching purchased items in Catalogs and putting them into the player inventory securely.

So in this process, we don't need to know the ItemId. PlayFab and Xsolla will handle this automatically.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FENG LI avatar image FENG LI commented ·

OK, seems it is not suit for me, since we handle the catalogs in local clients - playfab does not know it.

Well, thanks for the details, we will try to find another payment method.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.