question

pleasehelpme avatar image
pleasehelpme asked

Does a mule multiply your inventory limit?

I recently contacted support about an inquiry regarding higher inventory limit and received a response about mules. The response stated, "That said, you can also store items in a character which increase the size of items in a player profile. You could consider those characters as mules. https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/GetCharacterInventory."

I would like to to know exactly what this means. Does this mean that if I have an inventory limit of 1500 inventory items and I create 2 characters (mules). Does this mean that the characters are independent of the user's 1500 Inventory Limit? Thus, does this mean that with the User and 2x Character (mules) I have a theoretical 4,500 Inventory limit altogether?

Or are they dependent of each other and if I have 300 Inventory Items in my user, 700 in Character 1, and 500 in Character 2 I still reach my 1,500 Inventory Limit?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

May I know where you asked the original question and got an answer about "mules"? It's not a good advice, the legacy(current) system will have performance issues if you exceed the player inventory limit in this manner. You may look forward to the new commerce system. For more info, please keep an eye on Blog.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.