question

qaz34 avatar image
qaz34 asked

IOS receipt returning ReceiptDoesNotContainInAppItems

On our most recent version of our game on IOS we have noticed that a few people have failed to validate their receipts with the error ReceiptDoesNotContainInAppItems. From what I have found the receipt data that playfab returns has "in_app": [] causing this error. Players are still getting charged from apple but not receiving items. Title ID: 33F0 one of the effected userID: 72D07E98754233D9

In-Game Economy
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask have you confirmed that the Product ID of the item that the customer purchased has associated the item ID in your catalog?

0 Likes 0 ·
qaz34 avatar image qaz34 Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The ids of the catalog and the app store match perfectly and have been tested on multiple occasions. Cant seem to find the product id of the item they tried to purchase from the emails one has show a gem pack that definitely has the same as the id as in the catalog. The issue seems to only happen rarely and most of the time the purchases will go through as normal. I have also seen the same issue with multiple different people and packs, all of which have their ids correct on both platforms

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ qaz34 commented ·

I have reported to the related team and will keep you informed.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

The "in_app": [] string is what Apple is returning to us when we make a request to https://buy.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt using the receipt that you provide. I'd suggest working with Apple's support to figure out why the receipt you're getting doesn't contain any valid product ids in some cases.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.