question

marek avatar image
marek asked

Need help with understanding how sales are meant to work

Hi guys,

I've spent a couple of hours powering through the docs and PlayFab video tutorials but still struggle to understand the relationship between Catalog items, bundles and stores. The question is: how can I sell to players different amounts of VS for the same amount of real money (e.g. Monday - $1.99 - 100 coins; Tuesday - $1.00 - 150 coins (+50% more)?

What I'm trying to achieve is fairly basic: on different days of the week have allow players to buy at the SAME price (Google and Apple IAP ID), DIFFERENT amount of VC (coins).

I thought that Stores feature was meant to do exactly that, but id does the opposite - it decreases the RM price to lower on. Which confuses the hell out of me as how is it even meant to work? If the price gets reduced by arbitrary % it won't work unless another product matching that price is setup in Google and Apple stores.

Cheers,

M

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For games running on Google Play or iTunes, it is not possible for any external service to "force" a price. Those services are always the authority for any pricing you have. The RM ("real money") pricing you put in PlayFab for those services can be used for display purposes (and in that case, the pricing you show is based on the Store or Catalog price, yes) and for reporting if you choose not to send the currency and price in the receipt validation call for Google Play.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marek avatar image marek commented ·

That makes sense, Brendan. Thanks.

It still doesn't answer my main question - how can I sell different amounts of VC in exchange for the same RM price using Playfab? All in all, a scenario when player can purchase different things at the same RM price is fairly common.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan marek commented ·

The main problem here is that any offer you want to make in real money has to be defined in the iTunes/Google Play store on those platforms - so a user can purchase any that are valid for their geo regardless of what you do in the title.

In terms of showing offers to players, you can certainly use our Stores to set up the sets of offers you want to show to players, and vary which ones they can see using segment overrides (ex: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/ab-store). But bear in mind that iTunes/Google Play is still the authority, so if you have defined offers that are active in their services, players can still get to them, regardless.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.