question

Lewis Mohr avatar image
Lewis Mohr asked

UE4 .uplugin file generates warning

We are using the Unreal Marketplace Plugin for UE4 4.21 and we get a warning when compiling the project:

LogPluginManager: Warning: Engine version string in ../../../Engine/Plugins/PlayFab/PlayFab.uplugin could not be parsed ("4.21")

It looks like the engine requires this to be formatted as: major.minor.patch

Right now it's just a warning, but we like to compile with warnings-as-errors

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

How did you use this plugin? It seems you are using the downloaded version from GitHub? I installed the PlayFab Plugin from Marketplace into Engine like in the tutorial: https://api.playfab.com/docs/getting-started/unreal-mkpl-getting-started. This version has the correct engine version format and works with no issue in my test.

If you are using the GitHub version, you should be able to workaround this warning by changing EngineVersion in PlayFab.uplugin file.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lewis Mohr avatar image Lewis Mohr commented ·

Yes, we downloaded from GitHub. I've made that change locally and that fixed it, but we have an internal policy of reporting things like this back to the owner.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Lewis Mohr commented ·

Thanks for your feedback. As this plugin is open source on GitHub, you can also open an issue or create a pull request to contribute to this plugin. I'll also report this to the SDK team, thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.