question

lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com avatar image
lu.zhang@sectionstudios.com asked

How to delete old Cloud Script Revision?

How to delete the old Cloud Script Revisions? Is there any limit number for the Cloud Script Revision for each project?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Updating, as this question has come up again (apologies - when a new feature is added, it's not necessarily going to be possible to find all older instances of questions about it and update them - the Feature Requests forum is the best place to track on outstanding requests). This feature was added in late 2018:

https://community.playfab.com/idea/928/210862717-Removing-Cloud-Script-revision.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be providing better mechanisms for managing your Cloud Scripts in the near future. Right now, we don't provide a "delete revision" API call, but we're also not limiting the number of revisions you can have.

10 |1200

Tero Turtiainen avatar image
Tero Turtiainen answered

Is the better mechanism mentioned here the GitHub integration? Is there a better mechanism for us that don't use GitHub?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we updated to allow you to manage your revisions via GitHub, so that whenever you update your repository there, it automatically updates the title with a new revision. This doesn't allow for deletion of revisions, but it does simplify script management and provide you the ability to have your logic across multiple files (we concatenate them for the revision).

10 |1200

Tero Turtiainen avatar image
Tero Turtiainen answered

Doh. I guess I'll then just have to live with the dozens of obsolete revisions of the Cloud Script.

10 |1200

avlcreobit avatar image
avlcreobit answered

What if one of old revisions have a buggy function, that, for example, just adds some amount of virtual currency to player? How can I prevent the client from calling this function from old revision?

9 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

That's an excellent point, and I'm surprised it hasn't been asked before. I'll add a backlog item for a Cloud Script policy setting, so that you can block calls to older revisions if needed.

1 Like 1 ·
mgambrell avatar image mgambrell brendan commented ·

Could it be a kind of 'minimum allowed' revision? That would be easy to set and probably solve the vast majority of cases. For instance if revision 2000 is in error, then I would set 'minimum allowed' revision to 2001.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan mgambrell commented ·

That's certainly one possible approach - the backlog item really just states that we need to provide a mechanism to allow for this, but we'll be discussing it when we assign someone that task, so I'll certainly bring this up then.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
avlcreobit avatar image avlcreobit brendan commented ·

Any news? It's been almost 2 years, and this security issue is still not resolved

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan avlcreobit commented ·

Updated the response, as we added the delete option to the Game Manager interface a few months ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jrDev avatar image
jrDev answered

Hello,

Just to make sure I am not confused, it's called "Remove Revision" and not "Delete" right? Also, if I remove revision and create a new one, it creates a numbered revision above the last one that was created then deleted. eg. Removed "Revision 4", added a new revision but it's called "Revision 5" and not "Revision 4". Is it supposed to do this?

Thanks,

jrDev

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.