question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

Indie Tier Pricing

Is the Indie Tier free until 1000 MAU?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Yes, though technically there are still premium services like CDN or Multiplayer Servers that a charged by usage.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image My Game Studio commented ·

so if i upgrade my plan to indie in the Game Manager i will charged Nothing until my game reaches 1000 MAU (except the premium Services like Multiplayer Servers and stuff)

thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Tischenko avatar image Andrew Tischenko commented ·

My MAU is 8 and Playfab trying to charge me 99$ on Indie Tier

Just get notice that Playfab trying charge me 99$ in indie tier. I am disappointed... We have 8 MAU, and 3 of them are developers plus some friends as testers. We just start prototype network part of the game and we should pay 99 per month while we develop prototype ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Andrew Tischenko commented ·

For billing questions, it's usually best to use the "billing/account" option on our Contact Us page. Looking at your account, I see one invoice for your server hosting usage, but your Indie monthly fee ($99) has not been activated yet, as you're nowhere near 1,000 MAU. Where are you seeing this, exactly?

0 Likes 0 ·
marek avatar image marek brendan commented ·

You're not alone, Andrew. Same happened to me last night. Completely out of the blue with no invoice or prior communication. Instead I received a notification from my card provider about a charge which appears to be two monthly fees combined. Already raised it via Contact -> Billing/Account issue form.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Andrew Tischenko avatar image Andrew Tischenko commented ·

Strange, we start using your service month ago and start server 10-15 times not more that a hour. Counter show me next; 31 of 75000 running server hours have been used for this month.
How much of them are free tier ?
And we are using Legacy multiplayer with custom server cause won`t host on Azure and wish to stay on Amazon. Azure pricing so complicated and we spent few hours trying to figure out exact numbers with no luck

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Andrew Tischenko commented ·

The billing charged this month would have been for last month's usage. You should have received an invoice detailing the specific server usage - regions and times. If you didn't, just send us a note via the "Billing/Account Question" option here (https://playfab.com/contact/), and we'll get you a fresh copy.

As to free hours, sorry, I was referring to our Servers 2.0 feature, which is Azure hosting. Titles in our free tier have a very small amount of AWS server hosting they can do for evaluation testing, but we aren't able to provide free server hosting in AWS in our paid tiers, unfortunately. It's much easier for us to do things like that in Azure, as we are part of Microsoft, so we provide free hours each month in the newer hosting service:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com Andrew Tischenko commented ·

I believe that even if you use a server instance for 10 minutes, it still counts as an hour. Any amount of time under an hour counts as one hour of usage.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Good point - yes, in AWS, all charges are for full hours, as that's how they bill us. So if a server runs for 5 minutes and then turns off, it counts as an hour. In Servers 2.0, we bill based upon VM minutes used.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.