question

Travis Lange avatar image
Travis Lange asked

Thunderhead Matchmaking

I am confused as to how to get Thunderhead to work with the matchmaker. This matchmaker appears to be for the legacy system, and this matchmaker is in private preview.

We are currently on the Indie Tier and were told to use the Thunderhead system and NOT the Legacy system. However, I am confused as to how I am supposed to do matchmaking with the Thunderhead system. I've tried to get the Legacy matchmaker to work, but Thunderhead doesn't have the parameters it requires (at least no that I can find).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Yeah, the legacy matchmaker won't work with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0 (Thunderhead). You can use the new Matchmaking, however, it's still in private preview and not public yet. You may also build your own custom matchmaking server and in your server using RequestMultiplayerServer to allocating game server instance.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

We're very close to being able to open up the new Matchmaker more broadly. If you can hold on for just a bit longer, you can avoid having to write your own matchmaker to go with Servers 2.0 (Thunderhead).

0 Likes 0 ·
Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Hey @Andy. Thanks for reaching out to me. About how long would you estimate we have to wait?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Travis Lange commented ·

I think we're looking at a couple of weeks now. It's very close.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.