question

ferencnagy avatar image
ferencnagy asked

Disable other Login options?

Hello, we are planning to release on Steam, and LoginWithSteam is perfect for us as it also validates the ownership of the game.

But I believe that with a modified client can log in with other options than Steam.
What's the recommended way of preventing it?

Is it by using the Global Title Policy in the settings?

I am a little confused with it, can I get an example of only allowing a specific (Steam) login option?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Yes, this is a viable solution and you can refer to the code below to update policy. But I think you're running into confusion around the differences between API policy and entity policy. The resource string there is for an API policy, not entity policy. Therefore, you can't use the "ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY" in the setting, which is for entity policy.

{
    "Resource":"pfrn:api--/Client/LoginWithFacebook",
    "Principal":"*",
    "Effect":"Deny",
    "Action":"*",
    "Comment":"This will deny anyone to call LoginWithFacebook"
}

So, I would suggest you call the Admin API UpdatePolicy to update policy (by Postman). More information please see:https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/title-management/api-policy

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ferencnagy avatar image ferencnagy commented ·

Thanks! CAn this work the other way around?
Disabling all client API calls by default and enabling only that I know I need?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ ferencnagy commented ·

Yes, with the right policies you can do that as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.