question

serglit1650 avatar image
serglit1650 asked

Unreal Engine 4 "Unable to contact server"

I am following the Getting Started tutorial but for some reason, I can't contact playfab server?

unrealAuthentication
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image Hernando commented ·

Based on your description, this error "Unable to contact server" usually occurs when the Unreal node "Set Play Fab Setting" is set incorrectly. You should check if the TitleId is properly configured in this node.

Can you post more detail about this error or your blueprint?

0 Likes 0 ·
serglit1650 avatar image serglit1650 commented ·

@Hernando Like in the guide, I placed "Set play fab setting" node right after beginplay on the level blueprint. My title Id is 4 numbers and I tried with and without secret code. I had a theory that I have to change engine settings INI file and add something like online sub system. Or does it only work on c++ projects because mine is blueprint-only.

0 Likes 0 ·

I created a new C++ project from a firstPersonShooter template but I got the same result.

0 Likes 0 ·
untitled.png (354.8 KiB)
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

I created a similar project based on your screenshot, but still can't reproduce your issue ( however I noticed that you have a problem with your blueprint, Password must be between 6 and 100 characters.).

The user has been created correctly.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

After some trial and error, I was able to get it to work, but I am not sure how. I repeated the same steps as shown in the tutorial and eventually, I got a response from the server. Moreover, my actual UE project that had this error from the start is now working as well, and I didn't make any changes to it since last night.

0 Likes 0 ·
C Alexandre avatar image
C Alexandre answered

I had the same problem, solved this by playing the game on standalone mode because it "runs its own process"

capture.png (111.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.