question

ferencnagy avatar image
ferencnagy asked

What does the MatchmakeStatus "Complete" signals?

Hello, just a small question I couldn't find the answer for.

When matchmaking, what does the "Complete" status resembles?
Can somebody join the server in that state?
If not, how is it different from "SessionClosed"?

Thanks!

Matchmaking
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ferencnagy avatar image ferencnagy commented ·

Nobody knows? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ ferencnagy commented ·

I already have assumptions but they need to be confirmed. The ‘Complete’ status means the game is finished successfully and “SessionClosed” can be server calls the API SetGameServerInstanceState to close the session. And neither of them allows players to reconnect.

For now, I have informed related team and will keep you informed.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

The difference is that Complete means you've been placed in a match while SessionClosed means you've specified a specific lobby id, but the associated match has already completed.

Also, keep in mind, this is the old matchmaker. Our updated matchmaking is described here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/matchmaking

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ferencnagy avatar image ferencnagy commented ·

Thanks, so just to confirm, if I get a result as Complete, should the player join to the ip or should he wait a bit and matchmake again?

We are in indie tier so I can't access the new matchmaking yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ ferencnagy commented ·

You should be able to join to the ip at that point.

Also, sorry for constantly bringing up the new matchmaking. Reading through the your last few posts, it looks like it's been brought up a few times. We'll get it out soon!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.