question

thelastvertex avatar image
thelastvertex asked

AWS Requests - Sha-256 and hashing

I need to send requests to AWS GameLift through Cloud Script but require hashing functionality to do so. What are PlayFab's solution for communicating with AWS and hashing? Is there any examples or tutorials regarding this?

I am investigating switching to PlayFab after using GameSparks and am currently stuck as I am unaware of an an equivalent to the following GameSparks function "Spark.getDigester().sha256Hex(string);".

Google results seem to suggest PlayFab does not have any built in AWS or hashing support. Is there any recommended ways to approach this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

As what you've known, PlayFab does not have built-in AWS GameLift or hashing support. I'm not familiar with AWS GameLift, but after a quick look, it seems AWS GameLift provides functions like what in PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0 and Matchmaking. You may use them to replace AWS GameLift.

If you do need to communicate with AWS and hashing, you will have to implement them in Cloud Script by yourself. Please note that you can only use pure JavaScript functions in Cloud Script, Node.js is not supported as Cloud Script runs in a generic V8 environment not Node.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.