question

Roshaan avatar image
Roshaan asked

Move SDK to another folder

Hi, I have downloaded the latest Playfab's unity SDK but when I try to move it into another folder called SDKs in my project directory it gives many errors. I also tried updating the path in scriptable object created by Playfab's editor extension from "Assets/PlayFabSdk" to "Assets/SDKs/PlayFabSdk" which is the current path but still errors are showing when I try to open editor extension window.

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Moving SDK to another folder works well on my side. I'm using Unity 2018.3.6f1 with PlayFab Unity SDK 2.61.190219. The following is the steps I used to test.

1. Firstly, I download and install Editor Extensions. Then install PlayFab Unity SDK within editor extension.
  2. I then create a "SDKs" folder as you said.
  3. In this step, I move "PlayFabSdk" folder into "SDKs" folder and wait a few seconds. The editor extension window shows that "An SDK was detected, but we were unable to find the directory. Drag-and-drop the top-level PlayFab SDK folder below."
  4. Drag-and-drop "PlayFabSdk" folder into editor extension's panel. And now editor extensions can work well.

I'm not sure what's the Unity version and SDK version you are using, but you may try the steps above to see if it works. If you still have problem, please share more details to us.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

I'm using Unity 2018.3.5f1 with the latest version of Playfab SDK. The following steps I did:

1. I downloaded/imported both Editor Extension and Playfab SDK into my project
  2. Then I created SDKs folder and moved both into that folder
  3. After the above step, I changed the path of SDK location in Editor Extension's scriptable object
  4. In the end, I tried opening the Playfab Editor Extension Window but it gave the error as described in my question

Did you moved both (Editor & Playfab SDK) into SDKs folder or only the Playfab SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Roshaan commented ·

Just the PlayFabSdk.

0 Likes 0 ·
Roshaan avatar image Roshaan JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Okay, noted. Well I tried to move both of them into the SDKs folder and it resulted into that issue. Is there anything I'm missing? Or the path these scripts use are hard-coded.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

Okay, noted. Well I tried to move both of them into the SDKs folder and it resulted into that issue. Is there anything I'm missing? Or the path these scripts use are hard-coded?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.