question

darkflameq avatar image
darkflameq asked

Samples shown in Docs correspond to using the PlayFab Unity SDK. - What about Unreal 4?

Amazon has just gone and essentially ended GameSparks by introducing more limits, probably to eliminate competition to Gamelift.

I would like to use Playfab but all the Docs examples appear to be based around Unity, will there ever examples for Unreal 4?

unreal
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darkflameq avatar image darkflameq commented ·

We can't even get the plugin working with Unreal 4.21, GameSparks was a lot easier.

It just seems to me that Playfab is heavily covered for Unity but not Unreal engine, now that GameSparks has imposed heavily limits, lots of unhappy customers will come over to Playfab as a solution.

It would be nice if Playfab was an easy as GameSparks was in terms of integration and docs.

You're missing blueprint examples in all your docs.

0 Likes 0 ·
mawak93 avatar image mawak93 darkflameq commented ·

True iam also having the same problem :(

I migrated from GameSparks to PlayFab and its quite messed up

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently we have a very detailed UE4 get-start tutorial.

In addition, you can find Unreal 4 Marketplace Plugin and examples on Github: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnrealMarketplacePlugin.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.