question

dcherac avatar image
dcherac asked

Players cheating in my leaderboard!

Just launched a unity game on playstore with a leaderboard powered by playfab , the current leader of the board is definitely cheating as he has an impossible highscore just after playing for a day and not purchasing any in-game addons . The leaderboard becomes disabled when I turn of " Allow client to post player statistics " any assistance with this , would help, thank you .

Player DataLeaderboards and StatisticsPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

When you turn off " Allow client to post player statistics", updating leaderboards via client API is disabled and the possibility of player cheating is reduced.

I recommend not enabling any players in clients to post their statistics in case of abusive use. Players can bypass the client you released and send an API request to PlayFab via HTTP Request tool like Postman. It's better to implement this function in CloudScript.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dcherac avatar image dcherac commented ·

Hello, thanks for the reply , is there any documentation on how to do this via the client server?

0 Likes 0 ·
dcherac avatar image dcherac commented ·

*meant to say, is there any documentation on how to allow this function through the CloudScript?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dcherac commented ·

There's an example of making a call to the Server API to update player statistics in the revision 1 Cloud Script that is automatically added to all titles created in PlayFab. All that call does though, is call the Server API endpoint. To prevent cheating, you'll need to add logic which is custom to your game for how you want to check that the score reported is legitimate.

0 Likes 0 ·
dcherac avatar image dcherac brendan commented ·

I see thanks, another thing that is bothering me is updating or changing player stats, I keep getting a error code 1000 " statistics" when I use the cloud Script, I have tried all my statistic names, but still error persists.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.