question

pixelsage avatar image
pixelsage asked

Bundle - Durable or consumable?

"Bundles are collections of items and virtual currency that unpack into a player's inventory when granted."

If this is the case, why is there a durable vs consumable option for a bundle? In what case would it be durable? Isn't it consumed by default when granted? And if there is a use in defining it explicitly as consumable, do the "By count" and "By time" have any effect?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pixelsage avatar image
pixelsage answered

Ah, I think I found it answered here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/14398/granting-a-bundle-creates-an-iteminstance-of-the-b.html

Hopefully I am correct in assuming: A bundle is like a box that gets automatically unpacked and grants all the items within. However, the box still sticks around. In order to prevent this, turn it into a Consumable that has a usage period of a few seconds. Afterwards, it'll disappear from the user's inventory.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.