question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

Move in Game Sparks

Hi

I used GameSpark two days ago

I moved to play fab completely.

I am studying hard, but I have questions.

I applied for an Indy account.

1 .In this case, is there only only one game in my account that is covered by Indie license?

Do I have to resubmit Indie every time I add a game to my account?

2. I heard indie tier pricing started earlier this month,

Is there a period of time to do this? (Because it says "limited time offer")

3.Sorry to keep mentioning GameSpark.

Does PlayPap have messaging, matchmaking, and real-time real-time?

Do you receive an additional charge like game sparks ???

4.I heard that you are using a combination of photons,

Do I have to pay for photon usage? (For example, per photon's ccu charge)

5.Is there a ccu limit?

i hope to adapt in a new environment!!

thanks you!!!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Welcome to PlayFab! In answer to your questions:

1. As an Indie developer, all your titles are covered by your Indie tier agreement. If you create a second studio though, please do make sure to let us know. We just turned on self-service sign-up recently, and it doesn't yet have the ability for you to select your pre-existing Indie account when creating a new studio (it will shortly).

2. Our current pricing is what you see on the site. If you've signed up for the Indie tier, you will owe nothing for use of the core service until you hit 1,000 MAU on at least one title. After that, it's $99 a month, flat rate. And once you hit 100K MAU or more on a title, you'll automatically convert into the Professional tier.

3. Can you describe in more detail the specific functionality you need? We do provide matchmaking for games that use hosted game servers. By "real-time real-time", I take it you mean the relay service they offered? We do not currently provide a relay service - we partnered with Photon for that.

I'm also not sure what "an additional charge" refers to. All our costs are spelled out in the pricing page.

4. Photon and PlayFab are completely separate services, from separate companies. If you choose to use Photon, you can integrate that with PlayFab, but yes, they would be billing you for Photon use while we would be billing for PlayFab use.

5. No, there is no CCU limit.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

yeah, I will send you a mail when i make my second game.

Thanks for the quick answer!

What I want is 1. Like Hartstone, when I draw a card,

I send a draw request to the server,

The server sends draw messaging to the other client.

So we want a way for all processing to be updated.

2. It is a function that can see the motion in my client when user and user meet and chat in real time like mmo rpg, and when another user takes an attack motion.

I do not understand the photon description part,

We know that Photon costs $ 100 per 100ccu per month.

For example, If I add Photon as an add-on to the Playfab (for real-time functionality)

If so, Playfab Indy pricing is $ 99 plus a photon price of $ 100

Will a total of $ 199 I'llpay for ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan MoonHeonYoung commented ·

For your Hearthstone example as well as your "motion" concepts, you have a choice to make - how much do you want to prevent cheating? Using a relay service like the realtime service from Gamesparks or Photon would be for cases where you don't want to have that level of security, as those services are not running custom game logic that controls the simulation. So you would be allowing the clients to be authoritative over what cards are being drawn, what attacks are being made, etc., which would make it relatively simple to cheat. If you're okay with that, we'd recommend using our Photon Realtime integration. If you do want to prevent cheating, you'll need to look at using custom game server hosting.

For the pricing question, the PlayFab Indie tier is a flat rate of $99 a month, yes. We don't have any control over Photon's pricing, so you'd need to work with them to determine any costs on that service.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.