question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

Adding friends with two-way confirmation

Hi there,

I am trying to add a friend suggestion and addition function.

I've already seen the documentation but unfortunately there is something unclear to me.

I try to implement the following:

1.) Add a friend so that the player can see the friend's achievements and progress in the game

2.) By sending a friend request, there should be an invite/confirmation so that the other player is aware he is a friend of another player.

3.) I've seen that many people in the forum are talking about "friendtags". Can you explain for which purpose these are?

I've managed to add a friend to a players "Friendlist" but how could i achieve the rest?

I am developing a Windows 10 UWP game with c#.

So many thanks in advance.

Michael

FriendswindowsMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Have you check Brendan's answer here: https://community.playfab.com/answers/8110/view.html? That's one solution for now. Basically, you will use AddFriend on both players, setting each in the other player's friend list. And then use SetFriendTags to add tags to flag if the friend request has been approved.

One problem for you would be that you can not use Push Notification to inform others as PlayFab does not support UWP Push Notification now. You may need some other mechanism to inform others about the friend request.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelbb avatar image michaelbb commented ·

Hi @Jay Zuo,

thanks for your reply.

But what's still unclear if player A selects player B as "friend".

How does player B get the information about that?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan michaelbb commented ·

If you have a look at the recommended flow in the answer on the post linked above, the steps show adding the players to each other's lists from the start, with a tag to indicate they're unconfirmed. So B would see that tag when they check their friends list.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.