question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Catalog Item price as RM

So we've just began implementing IAP for our project. When defining a product in Google play, the product id must match the catalog item, that is clear. My question is about the price.

Do I even need to set a RM price to the catalog item for receipt validation to work? What type is "RM" anyway? USD? What happens when I define multiple prices with different currencies in Google Play but I don't add any RM purchase price to catalog item?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

You'd better set a RM. Although Google receipt validation won't check the RM, but PlayFab need a price that can be recorded when purchasing an item. It is used for the reporting in the Game Manager for your title, providing you with a convenient means to track on total revenue, top spenders, etc., across all your supported platforms.

RM is reserved for Real Money, which is in cents USD. For example, $1.99 is represented as RM 199. You can only set the RM. If you defined prices in other currencies for your item in the iTunes or Google Play store, and you want to have them also in your PlayFab catalog, you can set them up in the RealCurrencyPrices property. For more info, please see https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner commented ·

Thanks. How do I set the RealCurrencyPrices property in dashboard? As custom data of a store item?

0 Likes 0 ·
Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner commented ·

Uhh this is a bit confusing. Just tried it out and the price I set in the catalog item is NOT the one being reported.

My setup:

-In PlayFab, A catalog item with a RM price of 500 (which means 5 usd).

-In Google Play, a product with same id and a price of 25 TRY (roughly 4.7 usd)

Everything is working correctly now. The user in Turkey is making the purchase with TRY price in Google Play, and in PlayFab, 25 TRY is being reported as PlayStream event.

When I go to Overview and check the revenue reports, I expected to see 5 USD (because catalog item is priced RM 500), since I haven't done the necessary currency overrides you mentioned. However, I am correctly seeing a total revenue of 4.70 USD. So I guess the additional currency override isn't necessary?

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Canberk Soner commented ·

I'd believe this is because you've set "CurrencyCode" and "PurchasePrice" in "ValidateGooglePlayPurchase". PlayFab can convert them to USD in report. If you choose not to send these values in the call, RM will be used.

Refer from https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android:

Of particular importance here are the CurrencyCode and PurchasePrice. They’re the same as for iOS purchases above – a standard currency code, and the actual price in that currency’s smallest unit. However, it’s worth noting that these are optional parameters on the Google receipt validation call in PlayFab. If you choose not to send these values in the call, then at a minimum, you must define an RM price for the item in your Catalog, or any attempt to purchase the item will fail as there must be a price that can be recorded. The recommendation is to always send the correct currency code and purchase price.

1 Like 1 ·
Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Aha got it, thank you. I must say it was quite simple to implement IAP, so maybe I was looking for complications where there were none :P

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.