question

TJ Daberkow avatar image
TJ Daberkow asked

PlayFab Multiplayer Servers Connection Issues

We have been working on getting our Unity Photon Bolt server hosted on Playfab's Thunderhead 2.0 service and have been running into some issues. We have gotten the GSDK integrated into our project and are working through the steps in the verify local debugging documentation.

The first section on "Verifying GSDK integration" we have gotten to work successfully and we are seeing the game state updates.

We have followed all the steps under the second section "Verifying Containerization" and are seeing the states show up in the terminal, but when running our server via this method all of the Playfab server API calls made by the server are returning a "ServiceUnavailable 400 BadRequest" error. These Playfab calls worked as expected when doing the first verification steps and we have tried disabling firewalls.

We also tried uploading a build via the game manager dashboard and it has successfully made it to the deployed state but we are unable to connect to it and are also unable to get any logs from it.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

It looks like you're in a conversation on slack about this with the PlayFab Multiplayer team. If you could, would you please share the outcome of those conversations? Also, if the conversation goes dry, let me know and I can chase folks down.

0 Likes 0 ·
TJ Daberkow avatar image TJ Daberkow Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Yes thank you, I am working with someone from Playfab on the issue on Slack. I will post an update to this thread with the outcome. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
TJ Daberkow avatar image
TJ Daberkow answered

After working with the Playfab Multiplayer team we found that the issue with the API calls failing was related to the Request Type which is set in the PlayFabSharedSettings configuration. By default it was set to "Unity Web Request" and after some trial and error, we found that when running the server in the container it needed to be set to "Http Web Request" to function correctly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.