question

ht-oaludden avatar image
ht-oaludden asked

Recommended way to prevent Developer Secret Key pushed to git?

(first time looking at playfab, bear with us :) )
(We're using unity and the editor extensions)

We'd prefere if our DeveloperSecretKey was not pushed to git.
while googling for "PlayFabEditorPrefsSO.asset git" gives you a bunch of DevAccount Tokens and emails, googling "PlayFabSharedSettings git" only gives a bunch of binary .assets which (when opened in unity) does not contain the secret key, how do we achieve this?

(also I've added the PlayFabEditorPrefsSO to gitignore, will that cause any problems?)

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

It's ok to ignore "PlayFabEditorPrefsSO.asset" file. And I'd think you may also ignore "PlayFabSharedSettings.asset" file as while using editor extensions, it will automatically fill up Developer Secret Key in PlayFabSharedSettings for you. Besides, when you ignored these two files, I'd suggest you force commit them once after installing PlayFab SDK, so that others can have these two empty files and edit them later.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ht-oaludden avatar image ht-oaludden commented ·

hmm, I guess "git update-index --skip-worktree [file]" could be a better solution. Pushing a version of the files without the sensitive data

Do any of these files tend to change alot during production? would be a hassle having to manage that if so :)

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ ht-oaludden commented ·

Yeah, that would be a better solution. And either of these two files will not change frequently unless you change title Id frequently.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.