question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

Email verification not working

Hi there,

tried to implement an email verification logic but unfortunately my created rule does not fire and sent an verification action when the email is changed. I am working on a windows 10 project.

Could you please check that. My title id is:

9C02.

Many thanks,

Michael

windows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

First of all, users can only change Contact Email via API calls. In terms of login emails, Game Manager is the only way to change it. Hence, if it is Contact Email, I have tried to reproduce your issue:

After the contact email address has been changed.

I receive the verification email successfully.

Do you mind sharing your Rule configuration page(please hide sensitive information)? Also, if there are specific needs, you can manually call WritePlayerEvent API and then trigger the Rule via Custom Event.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb answered

Hi @SethDu,

I noticed that I used the wrong event, instead of com.player_updated_contact_email I used ….verify….!

So I changed the rule. Besides, why does the one I used does not work? It that rule for a different scenario? Anyway. After changing the rule to the one you used, an email had been sent but I received the following error message:

"EventName": "sent_email",
    "EmailTemplateId": "FDE8CA97F91D671F",
    "EmailTemplateName": "Verify E-Mail",
    "EmailTemplateType": "EmailVerification",
    "Success": false,
    "ErrorName": "EmailClientTimeout",
    "ErrorMessage": "SMTP client timed out sending mail to smtp.gmail.com:465",
    "EmailName": "Primary",
    "Token": "399798E07D51956D",
    "Subject": "Please verify your e-mail",
    "Body": "<p>Please click <a href=\"https://9c02.playfabapi.com/EmailConfirmation/Confirm/?token=399798E07D51956D&titleId=9C02&templateId=FDE8CA97F91D671F\">here</a> confirm your email. Thanks!</p>",
    "Language": "en",
    "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
    "EntityType": "player",
    "Source": "PlayFab",
    "TitleId": "9C02",
    "EntityId": "E1C24F9E75861970",
    "EventId": "7a4da4ce228b42c498ea074a9263208a",
    "SourceType": "BackEnd",
    "Timestamp": "2019-02-20T08:53:33.5330685Z",
    "History": null,
    "CustomTags": null,
    "Reserved": null,
    "PlayFabEnvironment": {
        "Vertical": "master",
        "Cloud": "main",
        "Application": "queueprocessor",
        "Commit": "e0c87d3"

Can you tell me where the problem is? For me it seems as if the provider has a problem.

Many thanks,

Michael

1 comment
10 |1200

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Can you try this again? We had some issues with external SMTP servers earlier today.

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb answered

Hi there,

could you confirm there is an issue with the email verification system?

Tried again to sent the mail, but I received once again the same error message like the last time.

Many thanks and best wishes,

michael

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I have tested it again in my environment and everything works fine.

Please check your SMTP settings. Do you set an application-specific password for Gmail SMTP configuration? It seems to be necessary.

BTW, the reason we use player_updated_contact_email event instead of verified one is player_verified_contact_email event is generated when players have received the email and clicked the hyperlinks, which means the verification has been done.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.