question

terrypapamarkou avatar image
terrypapamarkou asked

Connections issues

I sometimes have issues connecting to the Playfab server and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. I'm using the latest Unity sdk.

When I'm on my home wifi it will sometimes fail to connect but if I then switch on the VPN connection for the device it can connect to playfab again. I haven't done much debugging yet but is there something obvious that could cause this?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab service works fine in my environment. You can try to debug it.

First thing to detect if it is Unity client issue. You can use other tools such as Postman to test the network connection to PlayFab. Then you may try to switch to other devices to test the connection. Next, try the connection in a different Internet environment. We also suggest you to use a network tools like Wireshark to do a Network capture

to locate the detailed error message.

In addition, the PlayFab core service operates in US-West-2, which is Oregon. If it is because of the geographical reason, we can offer some work around solutions.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

terrypapamarkou avatar image terrypapamarkou commented ·

Thanks - I'll try your suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.