question

vanderbrugge avatar image
vanderbrugge asked

Account Login on different app is missing username

Good afternoon, I have an issue with my different PlayFab titles. If Person A registers their account on App A but then logs into App B, it will not have a username. For example, please see my app Agri-wallet Academy A9F7 and Rondje Logistiek 7CB1 A user registered to Rondje Logistiek has this PlayFab ID: B1B78C6750E2FB6A with Username Dellacagio After they login to the Agri-wallet app, their account does NOT show Dellacagio. It is just empty. Can you please advice, what can I do to make sure the usernames and e-mail addresses are transferred properly between titles? Thank you.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

We have tested with username, but we can't reproduce your issue.

We suspect that you may have misused DisplayName, which cannot be shared between titles. Can you post details of method request username?

Waiting for your reply.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vanderbrugge avatar image vanderbrugge commented ·

Hello Hernando,

Thank you for the reply. This is the issue:

As you've found, the display name is set uniquely per title.  If you'd like to ensure players ue the same display name across your titles, I'd recommend storing the display name in Read-Only or Internal Player Publisher Data (https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/7CB1/players/B1B78C6750E2FB6A/publisher-data). 

Could you please let me know where in the API I can find the following?

- Register the username data to Internal Player Publisher Data

- Read the username from the Internal Player Publisher Data

I know how to retrieve the username, but I do now know how to write or read to Internal Player Publisher Data.

Could you please let me know where it is in the API/SDK?

I'm using Unity3D for my app. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
vanderbrugge avatar image vanderbrugge commented ·

Hi Hernando,

Thank you for replying. You're right, I failed to do this step as I didn't know it was required:

As you've found, the display name is set uniquely per title.  If you'd like to ensure players ue the same display name across your titles, I'd recommend storing the display name in Read-Only or Internal Player Publisher Data (https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/7CB1/players/B1B78C6750E2FB6A/publisher-data). 

Could you please advice on this:

Which command of the PlayFabAPI can store the display name in Internal Player Publishing Dara?

And which command of the API can read it out and WRITE IT to the display name of an account in another title?

Especially the second step I'm not sure. I'm guessing something in the API can read out the Internal Player Publishing Data and another command in the API can change the username but I haven't found them yet.

PS I'm using Unity

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image Hernando vanderbrugge commented ·

I would suggest you store the name of the player as Key-value pairs by using Player Publisher Data. It is used to save information about a player relevant to all titles in your studio and can be updated and read out by calling Client API:

Client-UpdateUserPublisherData

Client-GetUserPublisherData

1 Like 1 ·
vanderbrugge avatar image vanderbrugge Hernando commented ·

Thank you very much.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.