question

bandazzlegame avatar image
bandazzlegame asked

,Resetting leaderboard manually

Can I save a players high score in a game while resetting the leaderboard after an event or tournament. Can the daily leaderboard be cleared for a new contest yet still save the player's highest achieved score in my game?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, PlayFab doesn’t provide this feature. I believe you have to use work around solutions, for example, you can call admin API IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion to reset the leaderboard via a self-crafted tool on an external server. And before the reset, you can manually store the high score of a player somewhere else. This will take longer when the quantity of players increase, as a result we suggest not using Cloud Script.

If only the highest score of a player’s statistic is required, you can set the Aggregation Method as Maximum and simply not reset this leaderboard. Then, give out reward every a specific period of time.

In addition, you can send a thread on Feature Requests forum, and more votes from other users with the same demand can help with the priority.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.