question

myom avatar image
myom asked

How to get other player profile picture uploaded as file

I am uploading profile picture from phone gallery to player entity file section. Now i want to get other player profile picture, how can i do this?

for uploading i am using PlayFabDataAPI.InitiateFileUploads
for downloading i am using PlayFabDataAPI.GetFiles

this working for own player but when connected to a multiplayer game i want to access other players profile picture.

Please help me solve this, maybe i am doing it wrong, maybe there is another way.

I also tried saving the download url in player avatar url but the url expires after sometime. so that option is also gone.

thanks

Player Dataentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

For the pictures, I'd recommend using the Content Delivery Network service.

PlayFab also provides CDN service, you could upload pictures through the portal or through utilizing the admin API, and content is delivered to your players with the best possible performance. Be aware that CDN is a paid service so you'll need to provide us with payment information.

Besides, If "profile picture" in your description is like the player's avatar, You can also use services like Gravatar, but it would only work for players with an avatar set up in that service.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

myom avatar image myom commented ·

Thank you for the reply, i will take a look at Gravatar.

0 Likes 0 ·
AJ avatar image
AJ answered

Hi @myom, could you please share the code how to upload the profile picture from phone gallery to player entity file section?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.