question

mnsingh367 avatar image
mnsingh367 asked

Is there a way I can find out what platform a playfab id is running on?

I need to know a player's platform if he has logged in using email and password, not with a platform specific device id. Is there an API call that may help me? I've already looked into GetUserData and GetAccountzInfo but couldn't find something that I could use. Would someone please guide me in the right direction?

Thank You

apisPlayer Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Generally speaking, there is no API to retrieve the login device type and method. However, every time you login successfully, you can see the event named “Player Logged in” in the PlayStream, where you can observe platform information and login method.

As far as I know, this event is created in a way that is similar to WritePlayerEvent (which means information is manually added) and is encapsulated in the PlayFab SDK. I believe you can craft your own functions in your client to submit login information, like “platform”, “Platform User Id” and so on.

Besides, may I ask what is the scenario and where will you use those information?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.