question

Sprietsma avatar image
Sprietsma asked

PlayFab and Unity Photon

HI

I would like to ask some questions related to PUN and the PlayFab.

- PlayFab has any API to create Photon Room?

So, PlayFab will manage the Networking as the Backend of the Unity App.

Once PlayFab creates a room of maximum 4 players, 4 players can see a room created by PlayFab API and they can only join the room, can't create room themselves.

Once the room is full, the PlayFab creates a new room for new players will be joined.

But we can manually create any room on PlayFab side.

So is this possible for PlayFab?

- I think PlayFab can create the Photon Room and sure, but I want to know that PlayFab can create multiple rooms.

- If can create multiple rooms then how many rooms?

If I buy 500 CCU then?

* So I would like to create photon rooms on PlayFab Admin Panel and in Unity Side, they can only join the created room. I 'd like to create many rooms in PlayFab Side.

Please kindly help me I look forward to getting answers. Thanks!

apisphoton
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

PlayFab doesn't and can't manage Photon rooms. Photon and PlayFab are distinct systems. Photon Rooms are created by PUN APIs like PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom - not PlayFab APIs. For more information about how to use Photon with PlayFab, please see Getting started with Photon and Unity and also PUN's documentation. And for the pricing issue, please contact the Exit Games team, as they are the folks behind Photon Cloud.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ritisharma avatar image
ritisharma answered

Can we create rooms using playfab?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.