question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

UWP: Best way to consume currency

Hi there,

I am developing an app where the player can buy virtual currency (VC):

Now my question: What's the best way to "consume" VC?

I use c# for an Windows 10 app:

So are there any problem when using SubtractUserVirtualCurrency for the client?

Is there the possiblility for cheating?

Many thanks in advance,

best wishes

Michael

windowsPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The most common way to use VC is purchasing item, for example, call client API PurchaseItem to purchase an item.

However in terms of SubtractUserVirtualCurrency, enabling clients to manipulate the VC is not recommended, and a better scenario is implementing those VC related functions in the Cloud Script and you can also verify players’ data in the cloud script, for example, if you want to exchange VC(A) For VC(B), the exchange rate, the verification function and the calculation function can be implemented in the Cloud script. When a player intends to do an exchange, only an ExecuteCloudScript API will be called and all actions will be done on the server-side, which also prevents abusive use/cheating.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.