question

David Pittman avatar image
David Pittman asked

Does LoginWithPSN require a unique auth code?

I've cross-posted this on the PS DevNet forums because I'm not sure who can answer it best, but anyway...

We're using UE4, and Unreal's OnlineIdentityInterface gets a PSN authorization code once, when the user logs in, and then appears to keep that code around as a permanent login token. We use that code to log in to PlayFab, and that works fine.

The problem I'm seeing is that if I reuse that code (for example, to relink the PSN and PlayFab accounts after unlinking them), I get an invalid PSN auth code response from PlayFab. I assume that's because PlayFab forwards the code to PSN's servers and gets an invalid auth response there, but I want to be sure.

Thanks,

David

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Pittman avatar image David Pittman commented ·

I phrased this poorly, it's not about LoginWithPSN specifically, it's about why LinkPSNAccount would return and invalid PSN auth response. My working theory is that PSN's auth servers don't permit reuse of the same auth code that was used earlier; but maybe it's a PlayFab thing and not a PSN thing, and I can't tell from the response I'm seeing.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hi, as far as we know, PSN auth code is for one-time-use, you have to get a new one when trying to re-link your account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.