question

mitchell avatar image
mitchell asked

Get Playfab Id from facebook Id null result

When calling https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs with a facebook ID that is known to be associated with a playfab account I get a success response and a list with one result where the facebook Id is the one requested but the playfab ID is null. I can search for the facebook account in the player list and see that it is linked correctly. Why am I unable to locate the account using this api?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

When you are calling GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs, the Facebook IDs that are required in the request is not the Facebook Username, you may need to retrieve the User ID after you login. Please see the Facebook Login section on Facebook official tutorial here. PlayFab will not record the User ID in the Game Manager (or any other places) hence you have to user Facebook API to access those User ID.

Besides, if you are using testing users in Facebook app developer page like me:

You may notice the User ID will be changed after you get an access token for the first time. Make sure you are using the latest User ID

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mitchell avatar image mitchell commented ·

I am using the correct facebook ID thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan mitchell commented ·

What is the Title ID, the PlayFab ID of the user you believe is associated with the Facebook account, and the specific of the parameters you are passing into the GetPlayFabIDs… call?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.