question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Leaderboard frequency reset issue.

Dear PlayFab representative,

I have a series of leaderboards set up to track high scores for players: daily, weekly, monthly, and all-time. Each leaderboard resets automatically at their specified frequency.

There is often some confusion with the leaderboards, because sometimes Daily will show a higher score than Weekly. After some investigation, I've discovered that the reset times can vary greatly.

Today, noticing a discrepancy, I checked my Daily reset time, and it was 1/27/2019 5:00 PM, and my Weekly reset time was 1/27/2019 5:16 PM.

As you can see, there is a 16-minute window where someone could get on the new Daily leaderboard with a high score, but then that score is potentially not reflected when the Weekly resets.

For example, a player gets a score of 6227 some time between 5:00p and 5:16p, and was atop the Daily (and maybe Weekly). After 5:16p, when the Weekly was reset, the player plays again (or several times) and gets 5859. The Daily leaderboard shows a high of 6227 and the Weekly leaderboard shows a high of 5859. That's confusing to our players.

I'm wondering if we could specify at least an order in which our leaderboards would get reset? If the system could reset monthly before weekly, before daily (for those leaderboards that are scheduled to reset on the same day), I believe that this would resolve this issue better than the current (random?) order.

Thoughts?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Daily, weekly, and monthly leaderboard resets are scheduled around 00:00 UTC. As far as I know, there is no order between them. You may use the Admin API IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion with a locally-running tool to implement the order you want.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Currently, there can be a few minutes' delay on a leaderboard reset, depending on the current workload for that service. The update to the statistics service we are working on (as mentioned in our blog) should improve this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.