question

carlos avatar image
carlos asked

Can I share my session ticket with other studios on my account?

Is the session ticket exclusive for a game or studio? I'm trying to use my session ticket across all my games and studios but I don't know if that is possible.

My scenario is to have a single web page login and use it for all my games on the web page, some are from other studios (added on my same playfab account).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, you can’t. Session ticket is specific token based on title. If you look into the format of session ticket, you can see that it is composed of a player ID, a title ID and a verification token.

If you are interested in sharing data between titles within the studio, storing data in Player Data(Publisher) will be a good choice. You may notice in the Player Overview Page that there is Master Player Account information, which is shared within the studio.

In addition, If Player A exists in Title A and does not exist in Title B. If Title A and Title B are both in the same Studio, you can try to Login Player A (for example with the same Custom ID ) with the ID of Title B in the request and set CreateAccount as false. The callback will tell it is successful. You will also find that data in Player Data(Publisher) will be shared automatically.

Besides, sharing data between different studios is not supported.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlos avatar image carlos commented ·

I appreciate your answer and suggestions @SethDu I will try to find a work around then, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.