question

ryandj avatar image
ryandj asked

Globals intt

Hi

I'm making a game where I need an int that each player can update and has not got a delay iv tried using players with a tag and a segment to tell me how many but there is a slight delay. Is there anything else I can us for this.

Player Data
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Do you mean only players with a tag can update a data (Title Data?)? Are you experiencing delay on segmentation or data updating?

If you are using Title data, it is common that the delay may occur because Title Data is not designed for frequently changing data and is actually a cached, sharded resources. There can be a delay before all endpoints are updated (based on the TTL of data store).

Would you please provide more details about your scenario so we can help.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryandj avatar image ryandj Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi thabks for the reply im. Using leaderboard now and calculating it from that and yes i am experiencing about a 10 second delay

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ ryandj commented ·

I believe you are on the right track, Leaderboard will be better.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you describe the actual gameplay feature you're trying to create? What are these values being used to actually do? How frequently do they need to be updated and queried?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.