question

threegearedrobot avatar image
threegearedrobot asked

What happens if you go over a limit with the Essentials account?

This question may have been asked before, but I am having trouble finding the answer. If you are on the free Essentials plan, what happens if you go over a limit? For example, what happens if my game in Unity requests more than 10 key/value pairs in one request? Is that action just blocked, or will I be expected to pay for going over that limit?

I am fine if I hit limits/ the action is blocked, I just wanted to make sure that I don't need to worry about paying if I accidentally hit/go over any limit without realizing it.

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you attempt to exceed the limits listed on the Limits tab, the call will fail. That said, the one limit to make sure to keep in mind is the frequency of calls per player. In general, you should keep that down to a few calls per minute on average over the lifetime of the player session. If your title were to have a bug where clients were hamming the service with a call every second, for example, it could be throttled or even blocked.

That said, if you are a developer looking into an Enterprise tier contract, it is possible for us to create a dedicated service "vertical" with higher limits for practically any part of the service. We would simply work with you on the added cost associated with that usage and make that part of your contract.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.