question

appmaker avatar image
appmaker asked

How to manage Item Scarcity?

I was watching the PlayFab Developer workshop video on Youtube and it mentioned one of the upcoming features was item scarcity. This was back in 2016, I wanted to know if this feature is currently available? If so, how do I go about setting up the item scarcity and which API calls do I use?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

We do have Item Scarcity feature now. In the Edit Catalog Item page there is a checkbox setting named Limited Edition.This defines the total numbers of this item within this title. As long as the item is granted, no matter it is revoked or expired, the limit number will be consumed. You can only increase the limit number via Game Manager or Admin API: IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability.

If you are limiting the total number of an item in player’s inventory, you may have to use other work around solutions, for example defining properties in item custom data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.