question

atyl95 avatar image
atyl95 asked

Unity 2018.3.0f2 standalone becoming non-responsive on a playfab API call

Hi!

I've been mostly using Playfab + Photon in the Unity editor and it's been working great. I run into a problem, however, when I try to build and execute in standalone mode.

The mono build is successful, and it starts up fine, but then the screen will turn grey and the entire program will become non-responsive until force-quit.

I've narrowed the issue down to one method AuthenticateWithPlayFab()

Does anyone know anything about/experienced this issue?

untitled.png (55.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
atyl95 avatar image
atyl95 answered

I dug further into this. The program hangs 100% of the time in PlayFabHTTP.cs MakeApiCall<>

The weird part is that it seems to hang in a different spot each time, completely at random

I found this out by putting way too many Log statements and checking output_log.txt every time I ran it to find out what it last executed before it stopped responding. I haven't been able to find a pattern in which part of MakeApiCall causes this. I've rebuilt a dozen times and run the .exe even more than that.

untitled.png (177.5 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I assume you have commented all Photon related code. If you still get non-response after making a single PlayFab API call, I will suggest you uninstalling the PlayFab SDK/Extension and re-installing them.

0 Likes 0 ·
atyl95 avatar image atyl95 Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I managed to get it to run reliably. If anyone has the same issue, you must use Mono backend and turn off all code stripping.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.