question

bradmgough avatar image
bradmgough asked

Trouble connecting to test multiplayer server

I am trying to test multiplayer using the Game Server SDK (GSDK) Sample - Basic Windows Runner located at https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdkSamples.

Using the readme I was able to get WindowsRunnerCSharp working locally using the local debugging toolset. I also got it running on Azure but I cannot remotely connect to it using a get request.

What I've done so far:

• Following the Quick Start Guide, I used the PowerShell PlayFabMultiplayer module to create a multiplayer build. The PowerShell module has been updated since the tutorial was written but I'm pretty sure I did it right.
  • When I use the New-PFMultiplayerServer PowerShell applet to request a new game server the command returns an IP Address and Port but I am unable to connect using a get request.
  • When I use the web UI to view multiplayer servers I see that a game server switched from standby to active.
  • When I RDP into the game server I see WindowsRunnerCSharp.exe running.
  • If I manually stop WindowsRunnerCSharp.exe, the game server terminates as expected.

Looking for further troubleshooting steps or ideas?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
bradmgough avatar image
bradmgough answered

After taking a break I was able to figure it out. The value returned by the New-PFMultiplayerServer PowerShell applet contains a member named Ports. After further inspection, I released that the Ports member is a collection of Port objects each containing a Name, Num, and Protocol property. The Num property contained the Port number I needed to use.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.