question

lucasmiller avatar image
lucasmiller asked

Game Round Specific Leaderboards

I am currently working on a fighting game that has short rounds between combat. For each round, I would like to store the number of cheers from audience members and show a ranked list of top cheerers at the end of each round. After each round, I would like to clear these values out (or make a new leaderboard) so that the next round has a clean leaderboard to pull a top cheerer from.

Is there a way, using PlayFab, to accomplish this? Looking at the API, it doesn't look like there is a way to create a new leaderboard programmatically, nor is there a way to clear a leaderboard, but I may be missing something.

Thanks!

apisLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There is no programmatical way to create a new leaderboard. The leaderboard can be reset by time (hourly, daily….) , or reset it via Admin API call IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion. We will provide more options for resetting leaderboard in the future updates.

In addition, you are free to send a thread at our Feature Requests Forum and more votes from other users can help with the priority.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.