question

matt-6 avatar image
matt-6 asked

GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer - Get player's position

Is there a way of getting the requesting player's position in the friend's leaderboard? As far as I can tell GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer will only return information about the requesting player if they happen to be in the range requested.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer should always be returning the position of the requested player relative to their friends. The "range" being requested is just limiting the total number of players to return. It should always be "centered" on the requested player. If you're seeing different behavior, could you please post a sample request body and the result you get back from the service?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

matt-6 avatar image matt-6 commented ·

Ah, sorry that's not actually the function I'm using - that's what I get for posting a question on the way out the door on a Friday. I'm using GetFriendLeaderboard since it's on the server, as far as I can tell there's no GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer equivalent on the server?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ matt-6 commented ·

No, there is not a direct server equivalent. We have GetLeaerboardAroundUser and GetFriendLeadeboard, but not the combination of the two. We are in the process of updating our statistics and leaderboard system, though. This sort of limitation shouldn't be a problem with the new system, as it provides a single set of APIs that are applicable to both clients and servers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.