question

Cricket_FeVR avatar image
Cricket_FeVR asked

How do I define players who has some set of attributes and can be added to a squad?

I am developing a cricket game using unity for android where players have set of attributes like shot power, shot accuracy etc. How should I define the players with attributes in playfab? The players can be bought from an in-game store(market place) using virtual coins. How should the players be defined in playfab?

Player DataTitle DataPlayer Inventorygame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

When you define a player as an item in a catalog, you can define any customized data in “CUSTOM DATA” Field which is located at right bottom of item page.

You can input JSON string in this field:

Or in a KVP format

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

In addition, when this item has been granted to a player, which means it is an instance in player’s inventory, you can click the button below to add more data as a modifier, for example, after some time, your player attributes have been improved.

The corresponding API is Server.UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.