question

Cricket_FeVR avatar image
Cricket_FeVR asked

Login mechanism for android game with google play sign in?

I am developing an application with google play signing. What are the steps to do the login mechanism? I have done the login part with google play sdk. But each time it is creating a new playfab account for the same device. How should i do to make the user to login to the same account even when he is on some other device?

sdksAccount Managementandroid
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm not sure what the platform you are using. But here is a tutorial shows PlayFab Sign-In With Google Play Games in Unity, you can have a look. And other platforms should be similar. Once you setup these correctly, you would be able to always log into the same PlayFab account with one Google account even on different devices.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Also, have a look at our login best practices tutorial, here:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/best-login

In general, you'll need to have a "recoverable" account type (like Facebook or Twitch) linked to the player account, so that you can log the player into the same account across multiple devices.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.