question

Cricket_FeVR avatar image
Cricket_FeVR asked

Items can be consumed by count and/or time. Usage period must be more than 2 seconds. What does this mean?

I have a in game currency called coins. I assume this is a consumable item. If I click on consumable radio button(the other option is durable) on item menu, it shows Items can be consumed by count and/or time.

Usage period must be more than 2 seconds. Can someone explain this?

Player DataIn-Game Economydata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Virtual Currency and Catalog Items are 2 different concepts, and ‘coins’ you mentioned should be defined as Virtual Currency instead of an item. Virtual Currency do not have properties like durable or consumable.

In terms of ‘Usage period must be more than 2 seconds’, it means if a consumable item is configured as consumed by time, it should be set at least 2 seconds. Otherwise, this item will be expired too soon after being granted.

The best way to test those features is to create a free title and navigate to the [Game Manager] -> [Economy], then define your own catalog and Virtual Currency.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cricket_FeVR avatar image Cricket_FeVR commented ·

oops.. i meant that pack of 100 coins .. should i mention it as bundle ? .. And why should it disappear... he can buy the bundle again right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Cricket_FeVR commented ·

Usually bundle is consumed by 1 count, you can left 'By time' field blank so that it won’t expire.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Please be aware that if you use "By Count" for bundles, they are not automatically consumed. In that case, you would either want to consume them via the ConsumeItem API call, or else make sure the bundle item is stackable, so that it doesn't fill up your inventory.

And the reason the "By Time" needs to be a few seconds is due to the fact that if you have it set to 1 or 2 seconds, there are rare conditions (in particular, with large inventories) where the bundle could be consumed before it has added all the other items included with it to the player inventory.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin avatar image
Justin answered

Similar question with answer here for items and bundles. https://community.playfab.com/questions/6588/item-consumable-times-must-be-greater-than-2-secon.html

This question has relevant info talking about items and bundles. Specifically, recommended expiration and why the timing matters. https://community.playfab.com/questions/921/210707367-GooglePlay-In-App-Purchase-to-PlayFab-Items.html

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.