question

hexagon99 avatar image
hexagon99 asked

Update player real money purchase without "Receipt Validation"

Hi,

I currently using Playfab only to handle simple player data and leaderboard.

I've already implemented IAP with OOB plugin (my app is Xamarin and for now only available for Android).

I wanted to update each real money purchase the user makes to Playfab so I can use the revenue reports.

I found that there is API call name "ValidateGooglePlayPurchase" that seems exactly what I need, but, it requests the RAW json from google response and I don't have it as the OOB plugin I use that not expose it.

It seems like I do get the "signature", but not the raw JSON.

The end result of what I want is very simple - just to see for each play in playfab how much money he spend and see the relevant OOB reports in Playfab regarding revenue (LTV and so).

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

If you are using IAP with Google Play, then the "Receipt Validation" is needed. Purchases for real money must be integrated in PlayFab in some way, so that PlayFab can validate the purchase with the payment provider. For more info, please see https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android.

I'm not sure what's the IAP plugin you are using, but you will need a Google Play Receipt as in this answer: https://community.playfab.com/answers/25261/view.html. The receipt may not be exposed directly. You may need some additional work to get it like what in Unity IAP. If you don't know how to get it, I'd suggest you seek for help form the plugin you are using.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hexagon99 avatar image hexagon99 commented ·

Thank you ZayZuo.

What I don't understand is why real money purchase must be validated with google play. why can't I just update purchases myself without validating it?

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ hexagon99 commented ·

This is for preventing cheating. If there is no validating, PlayFab won't know how much money the player really spent. The player may only buy the item once, but told PlayFab he has bought a couple of times.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.